TranS1 offers a full suite of research and development capabilities to support surgeons to build concepts into market viable technologies.
TranS1 Empowers Surgeons
We believe that empowering surgeons leads to breakthrough innovations. TranS1’s product development resources are built to surgeon specifications and can be activated to support finite projects or to manage the entire development process.
Surgeon-activated research and development with an experienced team of engineers
R&D team with an extensive track record of breakthroughs, particularly in minimally invasive spine
We provide the agility to rapidly define, develop, protect, and bring innovations to market
“TranS1’s unique R&D capabilities provides surgeons like myself with the tools to develop concepts into medical breakthroughs.”
-Dr. James Manzanares, Orthopedic Surgeon
Our Research and Development Process
- Market analysis: Is the product unique?
- Financial viability: Can it be made at a reasonable cost?
Ideation & Concept Development
- Iterative, creative process to solve pressing problems faced by surgeons
- Peer-to-peer review and advice by world-class spine surgeons
Intellectual Property Execution
- Build and execute strategy to maximize opportunities for patent protection
- Construct robust patent action plan for concept
Prototype Testing & Product Development
- Product development and testing in controlled environment
- Harness TranS1 relationships to complete comprehensive testing – CAD modeling, 3D printing, etc.
- Attract capital and financing to produce and market concepts
- Navigate FDA clearances and ongoing compliance
- Rollout Strategy: Evaluate vendors, negotiate pricing, support logistics and distribution
- Marketing & Sales Execution: Leverage TranS1 marketing and sales network or establish new enterprise to market and distribute finished concept