Innovative, High-Tech, Transformational
TranS1 is a medical device company focused on providing elegant solutions to surgeons that minimize the damage caused by surgical approaches to the spine. TranS1’s foundational solution, AxiaLIF+, requires only a 2 cm incision size, which reduces blood loss, inpatient stay, and interoperative time – all while achieving a 94% fusion rate.*
TranS1 intends to build our company into a vehicle to protect and commercialize surgeon innovations. TranS1’s CEO, Jeffrey Schell, is a patent attorney and the founder of Denver-based patent law firm Rocky Mountain Patent. This unique relationship enables the company to obtain and enforce intellectual property at a fraction of the costs that other medical device companies face.
TranS1 develops products to solve spinal pathologies while minimizing trauma to the tissues surrounding the spine. Our products build a strong foundation upon the L5-S1 joint to enable patients to enjoy better lives. The “start with a strong foundation” philosophy is represented by the excellent biomechanical stability of our product line.
TranS1® has earned recognition for innovation, leadership, and the advancement of new technologies in Colorado from a variety of leading business organizations.
1. Bradley WD, Hisey MS, Verma-Kurvari S, Ohnmeiss DD. Minimally invasive trans-sacral approach to L5-S1 interbody fusion: Preliminary results from 1 center and review of the literature. Int J Spine Surg. 2012;6:110-4. PubMed PMID: 25694879; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4300883.
2. Marchi L, Oliveira L, Coutinho E, Pimenta L. Results and complications after 2-level axial lumbar interbody fusion with a minimum 2-year follow-up. J Neurosurg Spine. 2012 Sep;17(3):187-92. PubMed PMID: 22803626.
3. Tobler WD, Gerszten PC, Bradley WD, Raley TJ, Nasca RJ, et al. Minimally invasive axial presacral L5-S1 interbody fusion: two-year clinical and radiographic outcomes. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2011 Sep 15;36(20):E1296-301. PubMed PMID: 21494201.
4. Aryan HE, Newman CB, Gold JJ, Acosta FL Jr, Coover C, Ames CP..2008. Percutaneous axial lumbar interbody fusion (AxiaLIF) of the L5-S1 segment: initial clinical and radiographic experience. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 51(4):225-30. Pubmed PMID: 18683115
5. Mistry AM, Godil SS, Parker SL, McGirt MJ. Axial presacral lumbar interbody fusion: a systematic literature review. J Manag Care Med. 2014;17(3):47-56.